Invisalign for Adults and Teens In Encino CA 91436
Invisalign is a highly advanced orthodontic aligner that is made from dental-grade clear plastic. It is an alternative to dental braces and most people who prefer having a pleasing smile during the course of the treatment choose it. This is because the aligners would hardly be visible as they are made from a transparent material. You can confidently smile while wearing Invisalign, which wouldn’t be possible in the case of dental braces.
Why should you choose Invisalign?
- Invisalign is hardly visible when the patients put them on. This would avoid the embarrassment that one could face due to wearing dental braces.
- Though Invisalign is made from clear plastic, it is just as effective as metal braces. It is known to be highly effective in treating crowding, spacing, and other types of malocclusion.
- It is absolutely metal-free. This reduces the chances of the patient sustaining injuries to the soft tissues of the mouth.
- The aligners are very comfortable to use. They do not build up a lot of stresses between the teeth as they are moved from their positions.
- They are removable. You wouldn’t have to stick to a particular diet fearing the food would get stuck in between the aligners and teeth. This is because, you can take them off, eat anything you like to, clean your teeth, and put them back on. Brushing and flossing wouldn’t be affected either.
Invisalign is backed by state-of-the-art technology. Mapping out the positions of the teeth, fabricating the aligners, determining the period of treatment and predicting the movement of the teeth can be done with ease using the software. During the initial visit, we would conduct a thorough screening of the teeth and determine the type of malocclusion. X-rays and digital scans will be taken to map out the positioning of the teeth and jawbone. It will also be used to fabricate aligners for various stages of treatment
Once you start to wear the aligners, they may feel a little weird against your teeth. But, the feeling would wear off in a couple of days. They will have to be worn for at least 22 hours a day and can only be taken off when you have to eat, drink, or brush your teeth. The dentist would hand you a new set of aligners once every 2 weeks. Depending on the severity of malocclusion, the treatment period would vary between 6 months to a couple of years.
Invisalign for teens
Invisalign would especially be of great help to teenagers. Going to school or hanging out with friends while wearing braces can be embarrassing and potentially harmful. A hard blow to the mouth or a bad fall can injure the soft tissues. More importantly, teenagers would feel too conscious of their smile due to orthodontic appliances. All these disadvantages can be gotten rid of using Invisalign.
Call us at (818) 789-2034 or schedule an online appointment to have a consultation with Dr. Daniel Tebbi at our practice in Encino, CA.
Schedule a FREE Invisalign Consultation Today!
"Give Yourself the Gift of a Great Smile!"