Malocclusion has affected the facial aesthetics of millions of people from all over the world. If left untreated for a considerably long time, it can even lead to issues such as persistent headaches, change in facial shape, pain in the facial muscles, etc. Hence, getting malocclusion treated at the right time is of high importance.
Significance of early orthodontic treatment
Dentists always suggest you get a malocclusion treated at an early age to get better results. Some of the advantages of early treatment are as follows:
- The movement of the teeth can be achieved easier with early orthodontic treatment. This is because the jawbone would easily adjust to the new positions of the teeth.
- The relapse experienced after the completion of treatment is reduced significantly.
- Making space for the permanent teeth to emerge in their orthodontically right positions is easier. This also prevents the crowding of teeth in the future.
- The treatment period would be shortened by several months if you get malocclusion treated at a younger age.
- The pain and discomfort due to the movement of the teeth will be minimal.
- In most cases, there wouldn’t be a need for tooth extractions to make space for tooth movement.
- Better facial symmetry can be achieved.
If you haven’t received orthodontic treatment as a youngster, but wish to now, we can definitely help you. Based on the initial screening and severity of malocclusion, we would draw out a customized treatment plan just for you. Based on the candidacy and your preference, you can choose from metal braces, clear braces, Powerprox braces, and Invisalign.
Call us at (818) 789-2034 or schedule an online appointment to have a consultation with Dr. Daniel Tebbi at our practice in Encino, CA.
(818) 789- 2034
Schedule a FREE Braces Consultation Today!
"Give Yourself the Gift of a Great Smile! "