Dentures are prosthetic teeth that are fabricated from a combination of acrylic and ceramic. Whenever the number of missing teeth is more, restoratives such as dental implants and bridges can’t be used as they are best when used to replace just a few teeth. In such cases, dentures would be the perfect solution.
The downside of missing teeth
- Missing teeth can affect the way you bite and chew food, thereby indirectly affecting the digestion of food.
- The facial aesthetics would alter massively when you lose a large number of teeth. Your cheeks and chin would look shrunken which makes you look older than you actually are.
- The jawbone could shrink or deteriorate when the teeth are extracted.
- Most importantly, you would feel too conscious of yourself while attending social gatherings, speaking to people, or posing for photos.
How are dentures fabricated?
During the initial screening, we would look for certain factors that could affect the procedure. Some of them are the number of missing teeth, drifting of the remaining teeth, jawbone health, gum health, etc. We would take digital scans, x-rays and oral photos, after which the data will be sent to a dental laboratory for fabricating them.
Acrylic will be used to fabricate the gums and tooth-colored ceramic will be used for the prosthetic teeth. They can be customized to perfectly match your oral cavity and appearance. Once the dentures are fabricated, the dentist would place them in your mouth and ensure they are comfortably fitting. In case any changes are required, the dentist would take care of them to give you the perfect set of prosthetic teeth.
Why should you choose dentures?
- Dentures can be made to mimic your natural teeth and gums perfectly. The color, texture, and translucency of the ceramic and acrylic can be customized as required.
- You can bite and chew food as usual with dentures on.
- The rate of wear of the prosthetic teeth is similar to that of the natural enamel. With proper care, the dentures would last for a long time.
- The face would look fuller with dentures. When the cheeks and chin look fuller, the patient would naturally look much younger.
Call us at (818) 789-2034 or schedule an online appointment to have a consultation with Dr. Daniel Tebbi at our practice in Encino, CA.