Cosmetic dentistry is a combination of several dental procedures that are aimed at improving the aesthetics of one’s smile. Some of the popular cosmetic dental procedures are teeth whitening, veneers, crowns, bridges, dental implants, inlays, onlays, gum contouring, composite bonding, fillings, etc.
At our practice in Encino, we would conduct an initial screening of the oral cavity to determine the various issues that could affect the aesthetics of your smile. Some of the factors that Dr. Tebbi would look into are:
- The color of the teeth
- The alignment of the teeth
- The appearance of the gums
- The shape of the teeth
- External trauma that has injured the teeth or the gums
- The positioning of the jaws and the way the teeth from the upper and lower jaw come together
- Missing teeth
- Dental implants: Missing teeth are a huge letdown and can lead to a lot of embarrassment. Patients with missing teeth feel too conscious of themselves when they socialize with people or attend gatherings. Dental implants are considered as the best replacement for natural teeth as they are inserted into the jawbone. They are durable, long-lasting, aesthetically pleasing, and restore the functionality of the mouth perfectly.
- Crowns: Crowns are cap-like restoratives that are used to cover the entire surface of a tooth. They are widely used to treat teeth that are damaged or have certain surface imperfections.
- Bridges: Bridges are replacement teeth that are fitted in position using crowns on either side. They are made from dental-grade ceramic material which can be customized to perfectly match the appearance of the natural teeth.
- Filling: Fillings are made from a ceramic or composite resin and are usually used to fill cavities that are caused due to tooth decay. In addition to this, they can be used to restore teeth that are cracked or chipped as well.
- Inlays and Onlays: Inlays are an alternative to tooth fillings. They are fabricated in a dental laboratory according to the contour of the cavity, thereby offering a perfect fit. Onlays are popularly known as ‘half-crowns’ as they are used to restore only the upper half of a tooth. The worn-out surface of a tooth can be restored using onlays.
- Bonding: Bonding involves the application of composite resin on the surface of teeth that are worn out, chipped, or misshapen. They are popularly used to restore the shape of the teeth.
- Gum contouring: Gum diseases can ruin the smile of a person to a great extent. The gum tissues could decay and even recede below the gum line, thereby exposing the root surfaces. Gum surgery involves removing the decayed gum tissues and grafting healthy ones to the receded area.
Call us at (818) 789-2034 or schedule an online appointment to have a consultation with Dr. Daniel Tebbi at our practice in Encino, CA.