Laser Dentistry at Daniel Tebbi, D.M.D. , Encino CA 91436
At Dr. Daniel Tebbi - Cosmetic Dentistry & Orthodontics we are proud to offer laser dentistry with FDA approved, state-of-the-art laser technology. Laser dentistry has proven to be extremely effective for many different periodontal/gum procedures without the drawbacks of conventional and more invasive surgical treatments. the laser itself is a small, handheld instrument that is able to generate an extremely concentrated beam of light, and a wide variety of gum-related procedures could be done with ease.
With laser procedure we are able to eliminate harmful bacteria hidden beneath the gum line and manage gum disease, and help remove infected tissue. It’s able to accomplish these tasks while not affecting the surrounding healthy tissue, which helps cut down on any patient discomfort and ensure a speedy recovery.
The laser actually cauterizes blood vessels, sanitizes the area, and seals delicate nerve endings as it goes, dramatically reducing any potential pain, bleeding, and swelling.
Laser treatment also encourages the growth of new, healthy gum tissue that wraps tightly around the teeth. This makes it much harder for plaque and bacteria to accumulate below the gum line in the future, lowering a patient’s chances of reinfection.
Some advantages of laser dentistry include:
- Immediate and excellent results
- No bleeding
- No incisions
- No stitches
- No lost time from work/school and other activities
- Rapid recovery
- Minimal or no pain
- Safe for patients with health concerns such as diabetes, heart disease, or for patients taking blood thinners
- No risk of radiation
The following is some of the laser dentistry procedures:
- Treatment of gum disease
- Laser Periodontal Treatment to treat gum disease
- Bacterial Decontamination and Sulcular Debridement
- Treatment of bad breath - Halitosis
- Eliminating the bacteria causing gum disease and bad breath
- Reduce pockets around the teeth
- Sulcular Debridement/Decontamination
- Laser cosmetic dentistry
- Laser Periodontal therapy
- Esthetic Crown Lengthening
- Aphthous Ulcer care/ Canker sores
- Cosmetic smile makeovers
- Laser Gingivectomy* and Gingivoplasty
- Fibroma Removal
- Abscess Care - Incision and drainage care
- Tongue Tie Surgery
- And more!